Friday, September 4, 2009

Don't Look Back

 
In celebration of my soon to be three month wedding anniversary, I wanted to add in a few pics from the wedding that didn't make my photographer's blog or facebook.
In real estate related news... I had the craziest dream two nights ago. I dreamed I had a listing in Radford that had sold and so I was driving out to the house one night to pick up my sign and lock box. The sign was right beside the front door, and as I approached, the house started spilling forth with obnoxious partiers. I grew a little alarmed when I realized one of them did not have any clothes on and came right out by my sign. Two skanky girls were in front of them and started harrassing me, asking what I was doing there and I said that I just wanted to pick up my sign and I would leave. All the while, I'm on my phone with Doug. The people start threatening me and they call the police. I tell Doug that if he loses me, that I'm at the house in Radford right on the corner of Main St and First St and he couldn't figure out where in the world that was. (I think First St really represented Second St. and if anyone's been to Radford you know where Main St and Second St are.) So I just said, stay on the phone with me they're gonna kill me and all I want is my sign!! I got in the Mustang and one of the redneck chicks jumped on the hood of the car and I mashed the gas pedal to the floor and the car pulled out slower than a grandma Buick and I was like GEES, Dougal, this stupid Mustang won't even get me out of here. It finally took off and the girl flew off the hood. I made it to the stop sign to get on Main St and the cops started rolling in. I was afraid I would get in trouble, so I high tailed it over to Sonic. Whew! Crisis averted!!
The only explanation I have for this is possibly a deep rooted fear I have of approaching a stranger's home, for two good reasons. 1. when we were kids, our mom would drive us around the really ritzy neighborhoods of Lexington, Ky where we lived and we would admire the houses. She didn't care if they had a big long driveway that was clearly PRIVATE, if she wanted to take a good long look at the house, she'd drive right up. Invariably, my leg would itch the whole time we were in front of the house and I'd have to lean way down in the car to scratch it! :)  
2. When I used to appraise houses, I would get some evil eyes and evil comments from people as I drove up to a person's house that I was using as a comp to get a picture. Try explaining to some back-woods, shot-gun toting, toothless Jim Bob why you are on his property in the first place and why you must then take a picture.... um, yeah. you just take it, pull out as fast as you can in your Mustang and you don't look back!
Hope you all have a great weekend! Doug and Taylor #1 are off to the Scout's High Adventure camp. They are ending it tomorrow evening with a dinner at The Homeplace restaurant in Catawba... ooh boy am I jealous!



 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
I was real proud of my bouquets... made by moi with help from Kirsti...

My candy and cupcake table, which I lurved!!
 

and finally... Then and Now... the reason why Matthew said he was surprised Doug ever liked me at all, with hair like that!

whatever, Taylor Swift ain't got nothin'on my hair...right, Shelley??
 And p.s. my awesome photographer was Natalie Gibbs. Check out her blog!

2 comments: