Thursday, August 27, 2009

School

Well, we're at the end of the second week of school. Last year, we had a real problem with seventh grade bullies making Taylor's life miserable the first couple of months. It seems that this year might be the year that Matthew has his turn and may have to punch some kids in the nose, or open up a can...
My rule has always been, do not hit first, try to let an adult handle the issue, but if some kid hits you or tries to beat you up, you aim for the nose or where it counts. I don't want any of my kids being scared at school or on the bus. Matthew reported that a kid continually poked him with a "needle" on the bus Tuesday afternoon. What he meant was the kid had a button, or what you might call "flair", and was poking him with the safety pin part and wouldn't stop. Well, that made my blood boil. Then, yesterday, his teacher called to let me know that one of Matthew's friends had bitten him quite hard on the arm while waiting for the bus. GRRRR!
So, I had to have a little Come to Jesus Meeting with the principal this morning. I have always had good results with the teachers and principals of the Christiansburg schools in getting issues like these resolved, so I am hoping for the best.


Many times, I have clients ask how the schools are rated here and which are the best. My kids have always attended Christiansburg schools and I have been happy with them. I know that Blacksburg and Radford schools are rated very well, too. Here is a link that you can go to find the scores of just about anything a school can be ranked in Virginia. Do any of you know of any other good sites? I'm always trying to find others... please leave a comment if you know of any other good links!  

No comments:

Post a Comment